Wednesday

Wednesday 3rd September 1808

Dear Diary,
Great news!
Ned announced today that Titty will be returning next week as her aunt is much recovered. She has been greatly missed, especially since the sad demise of Betty Tert.
Mrs Crutchlow is especially delighted with the news.
"Oh, it has been simply ages since we have set eyes upon her, " she beamed with excitement.
"Aye, it has been a 'maternity'," said Ned.
When no one was looking I kicked his shin and glared at him.
"What now?" He mouthed, oblivious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

I truly love the repartee between you and Ned albeit a combination of the physical to sometimes answer the verbal.

Yours laughing,

B.

Anonymous said...

I must say Mr Austen, you are such a pendant when it comes to proper language....

Yours in pendantry,
M. Gemme

Wayne Austen said...

My dear Mr Gemme,

I think you will find it is 'pedant'......."See me!"

Yours in 'pedantry',

Wayne Austen

Anonymous said...

Exactly....
Yours,
Midge