Tuesday

Tuesday 16th September 1808

Dear Diary,
Our first morn at Far Corfe and yet more rain!
It was most odd to come down to breakfast and see all the usual faces engaged in their matinal activities but in a completely different setting. Willow was instructing Ned in quiet tones as to how things are done at Far Corfe Hall. I could tell from the way that Ned was standing that his dander was up!
The day was spent with further unpacking and everyone was busy about the place. It is odd how no one has hardly mentioned 'Danielle' since that night and yet a few days ago, before the unveiling, she, or he, was the main topic of conversation. I suppose now my attraction to her could be explained if I had to explain it to anyone who knew the 'real' me. I wonder what has become of him.
Later I came across Ned stroking my Python in the stables.
"How are you finding things here at Far Corfe, Ned?" I asked.
"Woofter seems a decent chap," he said, "but I don't like the housekeeper, Mrs Tickler. She stands far too close to me and bumps into me and accidentally touches me in.... well....unusual places."
"You mean, like, here?" I said placing a hand upon his buttock.
"No!" he said, shocked, "Like, in the pantry!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

So Ned thinks Woofter is a decent chap, interesting, interesting so maybe his 'dander' was rising because of some other things Woofter was saying.

"Or the front hall? I said placing my hand ..........oops! caught me daydreaming again.

Lost in thought,

B.

Anonymous said...

Wayne,

Are you aware that "tickler"--or "Kitzler"--is the German word for a very sensitive part of a lady's anatomy?

-h

Wayne Austen said...

My dear Mr Moose,

What, pray tell, are you insinuating? You would never catch me being lewd and ambiguous!

Yours stiffly,

Wayne Austen

Wayne Austen said...

My dear distant 'H',

How terribly uninteresting.

Yours, moving on,

Wayne Austen