Monday

Monday 15th September 1808

Dear Diary,
We left shortly after breakfast for Far Corfe.
Mrs Crutchlow came to wave us off.
I hope it is not too long before I can enjoy her baps once more.
The ladies of Cobbler's End came, also, and gave Fanny a large marrow, grown in their own garden. She seemed quite shocked to receive it and flushed somewhat about her cheeks.
"No," laughed Miss Noring, "It's for eating, dear," she said.
As if it could be used for anything else!
We said goodbye to Father, Jane and Willy and then mounted our coaches.
What a sight we must have made as the coaches pulled out of Cobbler's Bottom. I rode in the first one with Fanny and Ned. Python was tethered behind. Mother, Mrs Norris, Titty and Annie followed in a second coach.
I looked back as the familiar countryside of home slipped away and there above it all rose the Knob. I wondered when I shall next be able to mount it. Ned saw me looking wistful and nudged me.
"What're you thinking?" he asked.
"Oh, just wondering when I'll see that Knob again." I sighed.
He just shook his head in despair then broke into a smile and for the first time in ages.....'wanked' at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

That was worth waiting for.

So strange Fanny would blush but don't you believe everything Mrs. Norris says I am sure she well knows the uses of a well shaped marrow.

I told you before if you have trouble with the Knob rising with the bumping and motion of the coach try counting backwards from one hundred by threes it works for me.

Mathematically yours,

B.