Wednesday

Wednesday 14th May 1808

Dear Diary,
Jane has found her calling. I have never seen her smile so at dinner. She chattered endlessly about her first day at the school. She seems particularly fond of Willy Tert, but then I know they share a common vocabulary.
"How are his vowels?" I enquired.
Mother, put down her her cutlery, picked up her napkin, touched the corners of her mouth with it then fixed me with a disapproving stare.
" I will not have such talk in this house, especially at dinner!" She glared.
"Mother, I said 'vowels' not 'bowels'," I sighed. She glanced briefly at my Father in embarrassment then resumed eating.
Tomorrow I am to dine with Misses Forster and Dixon. The invitation was not written down but came by word of mouth. A lad called with the news and Ned relayed the message to me. It seems they have an 'erotic' surprise for me and can hardly wait for me to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ned does keep things interesting ;-)