Tuesday

Tuesday 6th May 1808

Dear Diary,
I decided today to move into the room left vacant by my recently departed sister. It is much more comodious and commands a better view of the grounds and approach to Thrushcock Grange. It took some time to carry my precious and private things through and rearrange them about the room in a tidy and pleasing manner, not because they are great in number but mainly because Ned was weeding, half naked, below my window and when he bent over...well, let me just say, his trousers could have been better fitting. I was finally happy with the new arrangement, late this afternoon, when there was a tapping at the door of my new chamber. I quickly refastened my breeches and leapt away from the window saying "Enter," and in walked Jane.
"I have returned and shall require my room back," she smiled.
I did not say it aloud but a voice in my head said "Bugger!"

No comments: