Saturday

Saturday 24th May 1808

Dear Diary,
How fortunate I am to have my Python to clasp between my thighs. When all gets too much I am able to mount him and with a gentle flick of my crop he carries me far away. I do appreciate him so. Thus I ventured to Manchesterford. My esteemed friend, Mr Griffiths, had invited me to a music competition held in a vast hall in the suburb of Slagford. There were artistes from ten different countries performing songs and all was a spectacle of colour and sound. I got quite carried away at times and was given a horn to blow in encouragement. I was pleased that my favourite Toomas Jerker and The Stone Hard Boys, from some distant corner of Russia, won though I fear it was due more to their tight fitting garments than the quality of their warbling. It was a most pleasant distraction from my recent trials and as I got my lips around that horn all thoughts of Willie were momentarily forgotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a mental picture, you astride your Python!
I enjoyed Eurovision too;-)