Wednesday

Wednesday 20th August 1808

Dear Diary,
Oh how nice it is to be feted at every turn. The breakfast Mrs Crutchlow provided this morning, though usually more than adequate, was a veritable feast.
The house is bursting from the rafters with happiness. I even found Ned singing in the garden while he was removing a tree trunk from the ground. To be honest it sounded more like a wail and a moan but from his demeanour I recognised it to be a kind of singing.
"How gay everyone is today," I noted to him as I wandered past. He stopped tugging on his stump.
"I'm not," he quickly retorted, looking quite indignant, "I told you..."
"I know I have just enjoyed a breakfast fit for a King, but I yearn for a fruity nibble," I went on. "I fancy your plums, Ned."
What a pair I enjoyed. Both a good size and ripe for the taking. I sat feeling content beneath the tree, my chin running with their sweet juice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your manner of writing it sounds old english or so i don't know how to describe it but i do like it.Brings me back in time c:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

How nice to hear you had an enjoyable day with everyone beaming gayness your way. You deserve to bask in glory for a time. I must tell you however that it is cruel of you to tease me so with such a delicious description of Ned's ripe plums and how their delectable sweet juices ran down your lucky chin.

Enviously yours,

B.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wayne, call me a silly goose, but I sense that they're feeding the sacrificial lamb!

-h

Anonymous said...

I like to read your diary...
Keep posting and greetings from me..

Anonymous said...

Just visiting you ... nice !!

CamPK said...

WOW! .. you need to write a book, man! Absolutely Fabulous! .. thank-you for visiting my site and leaving your link!

CamPK

Anonymous said...

Wayne, Whence come these many youths?

-h

Starched Collar said...

Oh plums! Full and juicy - nothing like them, I say! Just last night my Lord Merton, who toasted me with a bumper, was returned the favour as I jiggled a couple of mine his way - fun was had by all...

Sincerely,
Beau

Wayne Austen said...

My dear distant 'Hakan?'

I move in mysterious ways.

Yours surreptitiously,

Wayne Austen