Thursday

Thursday 28th August 1808

Dear Diary,
Today Miss St Amour and I rode in Mrs Norris's phaeton to Pimpton. Mrs Norris stayed at Far Corfe Hall to attend her precious Winky who she fears has developed the sniffles.
How elegant Danielle looked with her parasol and how symmetrical her appearance, once again. Pimpton was adequate but I daresay Netherton has much more character and distinction. We ambled in the park and glanced through the window of a small number of boutiques and were just resolved to journey back when a voice cried out;
"Mr Austen! Oh pleasant and happy chance! Fancy seeing you here." It was the Misses Dixon and Forster, with Mrs Marrs and the identical twins, Matthew and Abigail. "We are just come for some distraction and are on our way to sate our appetites. Oh, do say you will join us."
How could we refuse?
Miss Dixon knew of a place renowned for it's pies and seemed well acquainted with the proprietor, Selena Todd. The service was prompt and generous and the repast, delicious. The ladies were keen to question Miss St Amour on her tastes and fancies after the meal while Miss Dixon eyed her keenly. Presently she said;
"Have we met before Miss St Amour? Your face seems very familiar."
"I don't believe we have," smiled Danielle, appearing suddenly uncomfortable.
"Do you have a brother?" asked Miss Dixon.
"I did, but he is dead," said Danielle, and then, with little hesitation said "Mr Austen, look at the time, Mrs Norris shall be expecting us."
We thanked the ladies for their happy company and journeyed back to Far Corfe.
"I am sorry to hear about your brother," I offered as we neared the Hall.
"I thank you for your sympathy but it pains me to talk of it," she said and I dared not press her further.
"Dinner is at eight, Sir" said Woofter as I handed him my gloves and coat.
How blue his eyes were, I noticed.
"What is your Christian name?" I asked.
"Willow," his reply.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Mrs. Norris try to catch you and whip you? And did you outstrip her?

Or strip here even? What a horrible, horrible thought!

-h

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

True love cares nought for time or place:
Gender; position; or pretty face.

And love will come as it sees fit.
We have not control of it.

Now Willow Woofter with his eyes so blue
Has he got a thing for you?

While Miss St. Amour you find pleasing
I feel dear Wayne she is deceiving.

B.

Anonymous said...

XD i just love that writting form!!!
Cool blog, as always, pretty interesting to read your adventures mister austen.
hope your ok...
I wanna nos hos does your misterious ways works!!how did you arrived to the netherrealm!!

Wayne Austen said...

My dear distant 'Hjortur?'

I retch too at the thought.

Yours queasily,

Wayne Austen

Wayne Austen said...

My dear poetic Mr 'Moose'

Loving your work.

Yours critically,

Wayne Austen

Wayne Austen said...

My dear Bones,

Have you heard of The Doctor?
I beg you go see one!

Yours caringly,

Wayne Austen