Wednesday

Wednesday 3rd August 1811

Dear Diary,
Such a day of social intercourse! I am quite dizzy with the fullness of it.
We did manage to slip in a little canasta with Willow's mother betwixt our social engagements.
I must confess the highlight for me was an evening meal with the bewitching Miss Chievious, another acquaintance of Willow's. I am so grateful that they are all in fact ladies who are eager to see him on his return. It could have been so much worse! 
Such a lovely evening for a social jaunt, with the moon smiling its toothy grin down upon us.
Such unusual fare we enjoyed prepared by Tibetan Monks! I was intrigued and delighted by the Sherpa Chicken, somewhat wary of the Himalayan Meatballs and positively baulked at the Curried Goat! 
Yes! Curried Goat! Goat in a Curry!
I was assured that the monks feast regularly upon goats and they did indeed appear in very good health so I too bravely partook of the unusual meat.
I also sampled one of the meatballs, gently rolling it about upon my tongue before gingerly biting into it. It was quite a pleasant experience though I could not identify its content...that is until the bill arrived and there, to my horror, clearly marked were the words;
"Goat Balls."
I swooned.

No comments: