Sunday

Sunday 28th August 1811

Dear Diary,
Today is the three year anniversary of my meeting Willow.
How could one celebrate such a wondrous and life changing event?
Unfortunately not in the way we had hoped for Willow's Kith and Kin had arranged a family feast in honour of our impending departure.
"Do you like little baby Jesus?" asked Kith, or was it Kin?
"I do try to attend chapel as often as I may," I replied, " though I must confess it is probably more due to the desire of getting my fingers upon the Parson's organ rather than religious fervour."
Kin, or was it Kith, looked upon me with some discombobulation as they produced a plate piled high with little baby cheeses! 
I resisted the urge to partake but enjoyed the apple cake dessert. 
I must urge Mrs Crutchlow to make one.
In the evening Willow introduced me to the Kransky Sisters from Esk. I found the spinsters quite dour and plain but enjoyed their company very much and marvelled at the way Sister Dawn blew a horn.

No comments: