Wednesday

Wednesday 24th August 1811

Dear Diary,
After finally succeeding in getting to sleep, on our last night at the farm, I was rudely awakened by the sound of bonking! 
It seems my somnolence was interrupted by a Pobblebonk, an amphibious creature that lives outside in Willow's dam which 'bonks' all night! Once awake I had to suffer the rustling, skittering and scratching of the resident rodents.
How noisy is the night up here upon the Granite Belt!
When dawn finally came and the nocturnal creatures retired for their own slumber I finally managed to get some rest until I was awakened once more, by the eager tongue of Otto, Quinella's faithful companion.
We made preparations for our departure and then bade farewell to Frogknot.
We journeyed back to Acacia Ridge once more enjoying the Scenic Rim.
I look forward to an uninterrupted nights rest.

No comments: