Monday

Monday 29th August 1811

Dear Diary,
Today is our last full day in Queensland!
How quick the time has flown. We took a little time to ourselves after all the social intercourse and gossip with Willow's friends and family and wandered the beaches about Burleigh Head and climbed the headland itself to enjoy the air and the view. In just a few days I will be able to mount The Knob and enjoy its delights once more, stroke my Python and hopefully clap eyes upon Ned's erection at Knob End!
Whilst in my whimsy upon that headland there was a sudden screeching sound and we were set upon by a mob of lorikeets that flew down from the trees about us, alighting upon our shoulders and arms and, yay, even upon out heads as they twittered and carried on!
Willow appeared to be amused at my consternation but his smile was wiped away when one of the colourful birds evacuated its tiny avian bowels down the side of his face.
It was my turn to be amused at 'his' consternation!

No comments: