Wednesday

Wednesday 2nd July 1808

Dear Diary,
What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours. It brought the rain and the showers, where there used to be sun.
I spent much of the day upon the piano practising some Bach variations. Some time after lunch there was a knock upon the library door and Ned entered holding a letter.
"I think someone is toying with you again, Mr Austen." He handed it to me and pointed at the senders name. I read aloud "Herr Kuntz."
Ned sniggered, "Hairy.........."
"You may leave,Ned!" I interupted and he slipped out like a scolded dog.
I have been invited to a ball in Germany by an acquaintance of Dr Cojones, Herr Kuntz. It seems he would very much like to meet me. It may have been dull outside but the day was turning out quite fine after all.
It became even better when Willy Tert came home from school looking very much like a drowned rodent. How it suited him and I could not resist from flashing him one of his cheeky smiles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

How nice to sense the elevation in your spirits.

Good to see Willy receiving some just deserts.

Ned is due for a comeuppance too or even if not give him one anyway.

Duly yours,

B.