Tuesday

Tuesday 15th July 1808

Dear Diary,
Late this morning, I girded my loins and tentatively mounted Cobbler's Knob. At first I felt most uncomfortable but by regulating my breathing, I gradually became more relaxed and felt more at ease. My exhileration grew as my breathing deepened and the pace quickened. Finally, I reached the climax and burst out upon the top, perspiring dreadfully, gasping for air but with a happy smile of satisfaction and pleasure.
How I have missed that view. I had to see it again perchance any mishap befall me upon my journey abroad. I could not tarry long for I had baggage to attend to and withdrew to the Grange.
I admit I do feel some apprehension about what lies ahead and it has so filled my mind that I have scarcely had time to ponder the fact that today was indeed Mr Fairweather's true birthday. He did enter my thoughts and I wondered how he had received the small token I sent him but I believe I will never know. However, it is the past and tomorrow I move forward and eastward.
'Deutschland! Ich komme, bereit oder nicht!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

What an exhilarating ride, I am breathless with this wonderful sense of joy and release. Thanks I enjoyed every stride with you.

Travel safely and have fun.

Deutschland, Schauen Sie Ihren Bällen zu Hier kommt Wayne!

Yours in peregrination,

B.

Wayne Austen said...

My dear Mr Moose,

Peregrination? Show off!

Yours speechlessly,

Wayne Austen