Tuesday

Tuesday 8th April 1808

Dear Diary,
Today, I felt duty bound to pay a visit to the Parson in his infirmity. After all, has he not allowed me to take advantage of his organ in the past? When I arrived I found I was not his only visitor for sitting in his parlour, also, was 'Wussell Spwout'. The Parson introduced us but I said we'd met and I spoke of my recent visit to Effin Hall. Russell said he did not 'wecall' our meeting but had heard Evelyn Tent mention me in past weeks, he then seemed quick to change the subject and mentioned the 'wecent' talk of Twavellers'. It seems many people are taking extra precautions with their valuables and Russell wondered if the silver at the Chapel should be locked away. They wondered what I thought. I said I felt everyone seemed to be judging these people before they knew them and it did not seem very 'Chwistian'. I think I actually said 'Chwistian'. Russell did not appear to notice but the Parson began coughing loudly. On my way out the Parson entreated me to use his organ as and when I wished. I thanked him for his hospitality and wished him a speedy 'wecovewy'. He laughed and shook my hand.
On my home I was startled by a hare that ran across my path and cavorted over the field in the late afternoon sunshine, his mind no doubt upon his mate. How I envied him!

No comments: