Tuesday

Tuesday 22nd April 1808

Dear Diary,
I was wandering the woods and pondering the abysmal floral gift of yesterday and what it might mean when I encountered the twins, Canny and Cuddy Dicker returning from Cobbler's Bottom bearing necessities. I was somewhat coy as I had only encountered them, previously, when they were not quite so clothed.
"Our brother would like a word wid you," said Cuddy.
"Woody?" I enquired.
"Yes, he would," said Canny.
"He went wood collectin' wid the littl' un," continued Cuddy.
"Diddy?" I asked.
"Yes, he did," said Canny.
"But, we can't stop ter chat wid ya, cus Pa will be wantin' is tea," went on Cuddy.
"Willy?" I said, now amused.
"Yes, he will," said Canny.
"Who will speak to him?" I asked.
"He will, " said Canny.
"Cuddy?" I bit my lip in anticipation.
" Yes, he could, " he replied.
" Tell him to come to the Grange. " I smiled.
"Can he?" asked Cuddy.
"No, Woody." I replied.

No comments: