Thursday

Thursday 3rd April 1808

Dear Diary,
I have had enough of the city. It is certainly full of the hustle and bustle that Cobbler's Bottom lacks and there is much to see and do, yet the people have little time for anyone and rush about their busy lives. At least in Cobbler's Bottom you are greeted as you pass, even if it is by an unintelligable fellow who has not seen soap for years...and then it may not sound like a greeting but you can be sure of the intention. More people do not mean better people. I do not believe the people here are happier than the people of Cobbler's Bottom, perhaps with the exception of Old Mr Bummer who has lost two fingers, is blind in one eye, whose wife left him for his Father and who was struck by lightening for the second time last year.
More 'life' does not mean a better life. I believe there are many here who would relish some time upon Cobbler's Knob as I do. I shall return tomorrow, rejoice and mount that Knob with all due haste.

No comments: