Thursday

Thursday 10th April 1808

Dear Diary,
I knew it! I slipped into the scullery this morning, unannounced, and caught Ned kneading Titty's muffins. He leapt back in embarrassment.
"I hope your hands are clean Ned," I said enquiringly.
"Of course, Mr Austen, sir. They are 'imasculate'!" He boldly stepped forward and handled them again.
He looked at me and smiled, then with a nod of his head beckoned me over to try myself. It did look most appealing. He stepped back and I pulled up my sleeves and grasped them in my hands and squeezed and rolled them around with my palms. I could not help but smile at the pleasant feeling it engendered.
Later in the forest, while out walking, I crept behind a tree to unburden my bladder and had not quite completed the task when I was startled by a slap upon the back and a cry of;
"'Ow da 'ell are ya?"
When I had made myself decent I turned to find a pair of bright blue eyes shining out of smiling face beneath a messy tangle of jet black hair.
"I am very well, thank you," I replied, " and yourself?"
"Couldna' be finer," came the reply. "Ah'm Woody Dicker, pleased ta meet ya," and wiping his hand upon his breeches held it out to me. It did not look that 'imasculate' to me, but I grasped it anyway.
"Wayne Austen," I smiled. "Charmed."
"Ah've just been ta da village fa some bread," he went on and then stopped and peered closely at me. "What's da on ya nose?"
I felt myself flush. How dreadful to be caught with one's breeches unfastened and mucus upon one's nose! I quickly wiped at the end and noticed a smudge of flour upon my fingertips. I laughed.
"I have been kneading dough balls," I confessed.
"Ah see," he winked " Ah kinda like da balls maself."

4 comments:

Simon said...

Indeed, it's a pleasure to engage in such a public fortune as that displayed upon the electronic pages thus so. May I be so bold as to proffer my profound congratulations as I trust a continuance of your escapades will be broadcast forthwith.
Here's to a commendable consultation with that fine organ, and I trust you will feel the measure of its swell as your greaceful fingers cavort over its fine ivory form.

Wayne Austen said...

My dear Simon,
Greetings and felicitations!
I thank you most kindly for taking the time to contact me and trust you will allow me to continue to pleasure you as often you desire. It is such a delight to hear from those who appreciate my musings.

Yours thankfully,

Wayne Austen.

Ps, I suspect you are no stranger to the organ yourself. Am I right?...I am!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, you surmise correctly fine sir, I take great draughts from a fine organ and delight in the swelling nature wheresoever I might have the pleasure of pursuing such prey so. And so I find myself in Worcestershire blessed, although I'm all to happy to find a fine man, with similar outlooks and persuasions combined. Good day, and fine blessings upon your actions thus far, I congratulate you so, and would be cheered to take whatever blessings you offer forthwith, within and there, just so muse and ensure their delivery is complete!

Count Reising of Steem

Wayne Austen said...

My Dear Count,
There is something foreign about you...or is it just a penchant for gin?

Yours enquiringly,

Wayne Austen.