Monday

Monday 31st December 1807

Dear Diary,
Mr Ashforth has given me crabs! A package arrived this very morning, which he must have sent from the coast as he embarked for the Continent with Titus Canby. An attached note read ' A small token of my esteem'. I went straight to the Scullery and said " Mrs Crutchlow, Mr Ashforth has given me crabs. How would you deal with them?" She flushed for a moment and wrung her hands in her apron before replying, "Well Mr Austen, Sir, I would use a lotion." I was taken aback somewhat and said " I would have guessed boiling water but I bow to your expertise, Mrs Crutchlow" and handed her the package. I went into the garden for some air and came upon Ned finishing off his ornate covered seat beneath the large Beech tree. I complimented him on his magnificent erection and said I was very much looking forward to taking advantage of it when the weather improved. Ned is a good fellow and I must say, keen to better himself. I know he reads and often tries to impress with his growing lexicon. This morning, he informed me that Farmer Clamp has replaced his 'diseased' cock. I believe he meant 'deceased', yet I did not comment upon it and left him happy with his crevice tool. I encountered Titty Clamp in the lane and said I had heard news of her father's cock and enquired if he was content with it? She said he appeared to be and stated I would be very welcome to view it if the fancy took me. I shall now spend much of the day alone with my thoughts and look hopefully towards the coming New Year, oh and yes, there are the crabs to finish off later.

6 comments:

meissenmonkeylover said...

Ran across a reference to your writings on Campfire/Hunkvideo lost in a thread on an entirely different subject. I'm caught up through November and will take care of December over the next few days. I've enjoyed the diaries immensely and only wish I wrote as well. Thank-you for a very amusing read!

Wayne Austen said...

My Dear Mr MonkeyLover, I am most gratified to hear of your amusement and thank you deeply for your kind comment. I believe you are a man of good taste despite your seeming bestial traits. I wish you a joyous and prosperous New Year.
Yours affectionately,
Wayne.

Jaded1 said...

You're writing is brilliant and incredibly clever. I'm completely addicted. I can't wait to read more.

Wayne Austen said...

My Dear Mr Jaded1, 1807 has certainly been full of encouragement thus far. I thank you for taking time to read and comment upon my jottings and I shall endeavour to keep you amused in the future.
Yours appreciatively,
Wayne.

Anonymous said...

dear mr. austen...I've followed your journal for a while now, and just wanted to let you know that i feel i have found my soulmate.

Wayne Austen said...

My Dear Mr Snicks, your reputation as a prodigious flirt precedes you. I blush at your comment and wish you well with your own, slightly less cultured, offering to the world. Could I ask you to do me a great favour and thank all those fellows of great taste, from the Campfire Community who have visited me here?
Yours appreciatively,
Wayne.