Monday

Monday 3rd December 1807

Dear Diary,
I am quite exhausted with a surfeit of hard riding this past weekend. The journey to Netherton was through a storm, the like of which I have never seen. I can only liken it to riding through a waterfall for four hours. On arrival at the residence of Mr Ashforth's Goolies there was not a dry inch upon me nor in my saddle bag and after very quick introductions I was whisked up to the guest chamber to change into dry attire loaned by my good friend. When comfortable once more I returned to the sitting room and an evening of pleasant intercourse ensued. I am very much taken by these Goolies, large and small. Mr Ashforth and I remained as long as was polite before retiring to my bed chamber where we engaged in rigorous badinage until the early hours. I cannot tell you how my heart soared to be once more in my good friends company and I finally heard tell of how he came to eat beaver in the Canadian wastes. On Sunday, we accompanied the Goolies to Chapel and after a sumptuous repast, bad farewell and returned to Thrushcock Grange. Mr Ashforth has a great deal of riding experience and I had to ride hard to keep at his rear. How pleasing it is to have Mr Ashforth in the comfort of my own home. I am so glad Mr Ashforth has finally come!

No comments: