Thursday

Thursday 20th December 1807

Dear Diary,
I remained abed for much of the morn and took great pleasure from my indolence. When I finally arose, I went to my water closet to refresh myself and returned to my bedchamber removing my nightshirt as I went. It was only when it was completely off that I noticed the face peering in at my casement window. It transpired that Father had asked a fellow from the village to clean the windows. I know not, who was the more surprised, but I saw the fellow trying hard to suppress a smirk as he looked askance. Later this afternoon, whilst out taking some air, I became aware of the unmistakable sound of someone tinkering with the Parson's organ as I approached the Chapel through the naked trees. I was not aware he was so free with his instrument and my dander was up. I contemplated sneaking through the vestry to peek upon the instrumentalist but returned home and found solace in Mrs Crutchlow's larder.

No comments: