Saturday

Saturday 1st December 1807

Dear Diary,
December is upon us. How time flies. I ventured to the pond to fish once more this morn and came upon the Huntsman who had admired my rod last weekend. He is a Mr Fairweather from a place called Morley, staying with friends in the vicinity. He also was handling a magnificent rod and we compared length and stoutness. What an agreeable fellow he is and the morning past with a swiftness I have not known in recent weeks. I had to take my leave of him to return to the Grange after a time. We parted on good terms and hope to rendezvous once more at our earliest convenience. He expressed a desire to show me a ruined cottage he had found hereabouts.
Now I must away to Netherton to acquaint myself with Mr Ashforth's Goolies. I hope I find them pleasant.

No comments: