Thursday

Thursday 6th December 1807

Dear Diary,
Such weather! When I stepped in a puddle atop the stairs this morning in my stocking feet I supposed the roof to have sprung a leak. Consider then, my relief and horror when I discovered that the leak had not, as supposed, come from the roof but from Father's Willie! Jane was most amused and Mr Ashforth roared so much he had to quickly attend his chamber pot before another leak occurred. We remained in the parlour much of the day and played Blind Man's Bluff. I was somewhat surprised when Mr Ashforth suggested we continue to play after my sister's had departed but came to appreciate its appeal. We are all eager to experience one of Mr Pratt's balls tomorrow and retired early... yet, Mr Ashforth desired to introduce me to a variation of our earlier game, he called Blind Man in the Buff that he had discovered in Greece and therefore we did not retire as early as intended.

No comments: