Wednesday

Wednesday 28th November 1807

Dear Diary,
As the mornings darken why is it that Farmer Clamp's cock rises earlier? Such an irritation that intrudes upon my slumber. I borrowed the stable lad, Ned, for part of the morning, once again, to help me pump the Pastor's organ whilst I played upon it. On the way home I encountered Miss Noring cantering upon a grey mare. I am not certain which shocked me more, the fact that she was wearing breeches or that she was riding astride rather than side-saddle as a lady should. This afternoon Father returned from Netherton with the pup which he has named Willie and brought news from Mr Ashforth. I am invited to Netherton to make acquaintance of his Goolies and he is to journey back to Thrushcock Grange with me. I shall go Saturday and return Sunday with my good friend. How I have missed him!

No comments: