Wednesday

Wednesday 21st November 1807

Dear Diary,
I awoke in an excited state even before Farmer Clamp's cock was able to intrude upon my sleep. I was out and upon Cobbler's Knob before the sun rose. Sadly it was too cloudy and dawn came behind the grey blanket of the sky. I returned to The Grange refreshed and set upon Mrs Crutchlow's eggs with relish. She makes a tasty relish. I spent the morning down at the Chapel as the Pastor kindly allows me to play upon his organ. Farmer Clamp's daughter, Titty arrived while I was struggling with Paul Gerhardt's 'Sacred Head'. She made a beautiful arrangement with Holly and Rhododendron by the pulpit then asked if she could sit awhile and eavesdrop upon my rehearsal. I invited her to sit beside me and assist in turning the pages but she flushed and declined.
I returned home at noon and was met by Mrs Norris's awful snub nosed rodent as it raced across the lawn to bark at my feet. She was unwell and Mother had offered her comfort and company while she recovers. Doctor Proctor came in the afternoon. I hope he was able to quicken her recovery but I would not be surprised if his leeches had refused to bite. At dinner this evening I accidentally trod on the putrid pug as it gambolled greedily beneath the dining table hoping for titbits. I cannot deny I found it difficult to contain my smile at its slight misfortune. Indeed, I think it has been a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!

Titty Clamp! :-O

Wayne Austen said...

My dear Mr Mous,

I am delighted you are amused.
Are you acquainted with my Titty Clamp?

Yours enquiringly,

Wayne Austen

Anonymous said...

My dear Mr. Austen,

Alas no, I have not had the pleasure to be so acquainted but would indeed delight in receiving some attention from the aforementioned Titty Clamp.

Yours submissively,

Mr. Mous