Monday

Monday 28th November 1807

Dear Diary,
Two epistles of note today. The first bore the news that Mr Ashforth is still to come but that he has been detained. It seems that while dismounting in Netherton last week he was caught by the Goolies and they insisted that he partake of their hospitality as they are good friends of his Family. I have never heard of these Goolies but apparently they are people of no little fortune. So Mr Ashforth has been dragged away from me by the Goolies. I cannot wait for him to come. I long to hear his tales of Canada and how he ate beaver whilst there. The second epistle is good news indeed and bore news of one of Mr Pratt's balls. He is to hold one on December 7th and we are invited. What joy! Mrs Crutchlow is making what she calls 'bangers' for dinner. I must confess there is nothing I like more than a hot sausage inside me on a cold evening.

No comments: