Saturday

Saturday 2nd February 1808

Dear Diary,
Snow again!
The world outside looks most attractive when dressed in white and is usually a welcome sight but today winter's raiment only served to delay the departure of the Troublesome Tent's. We went for a stroll in the woods and I found amusement in the occasional nudging of laden boughs which deposited their icy covering on the heads of my 'dear, dear' cousins as they passed underneath. Again Evelyn was very attentive towards me and offered her muff to warm my cold hands. I declined graciously and warmed them in Fanny's instead as I have so often done before. I think Malcolm may be getting a chill after his recent mishap at the pond so we did not stay out too long and returned to a hot bowl of Mrs Crutchlow's vegetable broth.
My Father's 'One-eyed Willie' has perked up greatly in recent days and has been feted with attention from all angles. It just loves being petted and patted and tickled and stroked.
Ned has thankfully been quite scarce of late and I have tried to avoid him when he has been about. I fear I shall not be able to look him in the eye again for fear of blushing.

No comments: