Monday

Monday 10th November 1808

Dear Diary,
I have had my fill of seamen! I feel quite dirty and expect I reek of fish!
I was up on deck today and saw a solitary seabird gliding across the sky. How wonderful it would be to fly like the birds over the ocean rather than endure its endless troughs and peaks.
The journey home has been quite dull and I have avoided all conversation with the Captain for fear of being misunderstood further. How I miss the company of Miss Dixon but soon I shall enter Cobbler's Bottom once more! I am almost bursting with excitement at the prospect.
I dreamt last night that I discovered Willow seated upon my Knob and awoke with a shudder to find my bed covered with seamen!
I chased them out of course and back into the rigging.
Only a few more days! Please God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wayne! I hope that this ends happily.

-h

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne,

You say you have had your fill of seamen, I will take you at your word for that and believe the old saying that one can have too much of a good thing.

The sight of the bird is a good sign that land is nigh and I am certain Cobbler's Bottom will be glad to receive you once more as it has many times in the past no doubt.

I pray your dream comes true and that you and Willow can experience the joys of your Knob forevermore.

To sleep, perchance to dream also, yours,

B.